Update: July 17, 2014
License Free Fishing Areas
You are required to observe all other fishing laws and regulations. A free MD/PRFC angler registration is also required for anglers fishing without a license in designated license free fishing areas, you may register online through dnr.maryland.gov/service/fishing_license.asp.
•Annapolis–Maryland Route 450 old bridge at the Severn River.
•Cox’s Point on Back River and Deep Creek. Directions: Eastern Blvd. (Rt. 150) to Riverside Drive south.
• Canton Recreational Pier at Boston Street
• Hull Street Recreational Pier – Directions: Key Highway to Hull Street north.
• Middle Branch Park from fishing pier south of the Hanover–Pottee Street Bridges, to Hanover Street Bridge over Middle Branch. Directions: Route 2 to Middle Branch Park
•Denton–Pier associated with G. Daniel Crouse Memorial Park on the east side of Choptank River north of Maryland Route 404 Bridge.
• Charlestown–Town-owned stone wharf on the Northeast River near the corner of Conestoga and Water Streets and the historic site of Charlestown Wharf.
•North East–North East Community Park at mouth of North East Creek.
• Friendship Landing–County-owned pier and property adjacent to the pier off Friendship Landing Road southeast of Ironsides Riverside Road (Rt. 425) on Nanjemoy Creek.
•Cambridge–Long Wharf from south end of city-owned bulkhead associated with the Municipal Yacht Basin within Cambridge Creek to the end of east breakwater at mouth of the Municipal Yacht Basin.
•Havre de Grace–Tydings Memorial Park within designated area, and pier at the end of Congress Street.
• Chestertown–Maryland Route 213 Bridge over Chester River.
•Worton–Bridge No. K-004 over Still Pond Creek on Still Pond Creek Road near Chestertown.
•Princess Anne – The Manokin River Park along approximately 350 feet of the south bank of the Manokin River west of the bridge at Somerset Avenue and the west side of that bridge.
•Sharptown–Pier and town dock off Ferry Street on the Nanticoke River.
•Salisbury–Designated city-owned bulkhead on the Wicomico River between Mill Street and Division Street.
•Tyaskin Park–County-owned park on Wetipquin Creek west of Rt. 349 at Tyaskin.
•Pocomoke City–County-owned dock at Cedar Hall Landing near western terminus of Route 371 on Pocomoke River.
•Pocomoke City–City docks from Laurel Street boat ramp to U.S. Route 13 overpass and Winter Quarter dock on Pocomoke River.
•Snow Hill–County bridge on Porter’s Crossing Road west of U.S. Route 113 and east of Route 354 and Pocomoke River.
•Snow Hill-All city-owned riverfront property which includes Byrd Park, Sturgis Park, and city bulkheading adjacent to the municipal parking lot near the Route 12 bridge over the Pocomoke River.
•Ocean City – Northside Park – Town-owned pier and park at 125th Street.
•Ocean City – Chicago Avenue – Bulkhead between 2nd and 4th Streets.
For more information:
Friday, July 4 is the last of 2014’s three license-free fishing days in Maryland. No fishing license or trout stamps are required to fish on these days.
Take a friend and your kids and just go fish.
For information on species, fishing locations, and limits visit the online Maryland Fishing Guide: