There are several major used book sales this weekend, perfect for those tired of staying indoors. The weather may keep us homebound, but books can take us as far as our imaginations can roam.
First up is the Unionville High School PTO Used Book Sale
• SALE DATES FOR 2014:
o Friday, February 21, 5-9 pm & Saturday, February 22, 9 am – 2:30 pm
o General sales No Admission Fee
• $8 BAG SALE: Saturday, February 22, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
o To enter the bag sale you pay $8 (cash only) for a bag at the gym entrance.
o Fill this bag with any books you can.
• Approximately 80,000 BOOKS!
o 100% donated from within the Unionville-Chadds Ford School District
• Over 40 Sorted and Priced Genre Categories
• Large children’s area which typically has about 20,000 books
• Plus Books on Tape, Audio, Video, CDs and DVDs
• Special Procedures on Friday Night for Large Volume Book Dealers:
o Assigned “cage” area for each dealer allows you to store your books while you shop
o Volunteer assigned to assist with your purchases, including boxing, pricing
o Dedicated checkout for large volume dealers
Kennett Square, PA
Unionville HS Gymnasium
750 Unionville Rd. (Rt. 82)
New Jersey residents should check out the annual sale held by the Friends of the Gloucester County Library System
• 15,000 books – all contributions
o About 50% hardcover, 50% paperback, with some audio and visual items
• Held in the warm, spacious, and comfortable community room at the main library branch
• As always, all hardcovers $1.50, trade paperbacks $0.50, mass market paperbacks $0.25
• Sale Days
o Saturday, February 22, 9AM to 3PM
o Sunday, February 23, 9AM to 2PM
• Easy access from the NJ Turnpike, I-295, or all bridges. Go to GCLS.org for easy directions.
For More Information:
Friends of the Gloucester County Library System
Gloucester County Library Headquarters
389 Wolfert Station Rd
Auction lovers in Delaware have a chance to take home of volume from the collection of the Owen’s Estate. The massive assortment of books encompasses the a wide variety of subject matters, including art, civil war, Delaware, World War II, monarchy, religion, travel, jazz, big band era, the west, inventions, literature, cookbooks and much more.
The collection amassed over 40 years contains a number of first editions, first US editions, first American editions as well as some signed books. This auction will be numbered & cataloged with all the books that are being sold. The catalog will be available shortly website in advance of the auction.
Sunday, Feb 23rd @ 1:00pm
Preview: Sunday, February 23rd 11am until Sale Time
Food Service Available
Terms: Cash, certified funds, pre-approved check, MasterCard, Visa.
13% Buyer’s Premium for payment with debit or credit cards; discounted to 10% for cash or check.
Delaware Estate Sales
1311 Newport Gap Pike
Wilmington, De 19804